Monday, January 24, 2011

New Carpet and the cusp of change






I got new carpet...I got new carpet. yes I am singing with a little bit of dancing. My carpet looks beautiful. Okay let me back up a little so you get the full picture. We have lived here for 2 and some odd years. After moving in we got a puppy who proceeded to "mark" the place as her own toilet. I have enclosed a few pictures. Luckily we met a young man in our ward that was willing to help us out with the cost of a new carpet, unluckily he measured wrong and we ended up with enough carpet to do almost the whole house excluding the two small bedrooms. Since he saved us thousands of dollars (literally) we forgave him.
I can't explain the level of my excitement. We did get to do a little extra work of our own that day as after they ripped up the old carpet, we found that we needed the sweep the cement with bleach and water to assist Mugsy (our dog) with not "marking" the area again when the new carpet was put in. I'm happy to report that she has been doing amazing and has not had an accident since. During that day, we also found a slightly large crack that ran from end to end of each of the rooms that we needed to cover up with caulk or in our case , left over grout. This crack I was told was common when the house settles. Although after the carpet guy mentioned that we might want to seal them up so prevent ants from coming in, I was ready to get started. Caulking and grouting was fun and bob even put a smiley face on the cement in our room in grout. Yes, ladies and gentleman, future generations in this house will know Bob (cheesey face) Laney was here.
By the way, I posted the pictures backwards so the one at the top is the new carpet.
Soon we will be having a welcome carpet party at our house. Please look out for further details.

No comments: